In this experiment, by using AT commands we tried to connect our ESP8266 to Wi-fi, then send a data to Thingspeak.com website.
- On Thingspeak website:
- Create an account on ThingSpeak https://thingspeak.com/
- Create a new channel with 1 field label
- Get the API Key
- Read the 1st report and make the wiring as explained in that report.
- Us following AT commands to connect to Thinkspeak
- GET /update?key=YOUR_ API_Key&field1=YOUR_DATA_like_100 \r\n
|AT+CIPSTART commands starts a TCP or UDP connection.
|AT+CIPSEND AT command is used to send the data over the TCP or UDP connection.
|AT+CIPCLOSE AT command closes the TCP or UDP connection. It can be configured for slow close or quick close. When there are multi-IP connections, a connection number is also required.|
Congratulations! You send data to Thinkspeak.